He also tried his hand hosting several youth-oriented specials on magic ('Bill Daily's Hocus-Pocus Gang') and appeared at conventions with his former co-stars for nostalgic reunions. [4], Daly grew up in Kinnelon, N.J. with his parents and older sister, Denise. [10][11] In 1980 he married Vivian Sanchez, with whom he traveled on the road, performing Lover's Leap for two years. Before joining the NHL front office he worked for the New York law firm of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, LLP. Bill Daily aka “William Edward Daily Jr” is an American actor, comedian and a veteran of various television sitcoms. He is the President of the NHL Foundation, the organization that administers charitable dollars and initiatives for the NHL and its teams. [7], Following his time in the Army, Daily began performing stand-up comedy and gradually began playing some of the bigger clubs in the country. [6], In 2005, Daly was named the first NHL deputy commissioner. [1] Daily stated that preparing for a Chicago-area Emmy Award telecast, he asked a young Bob Newhart to come up with a routine about press agents that resulted in the routine "Abe Lincoln vs. Madison Avenue". During the 1980s and early 1990s, Daily reprised his I Dream of Jeannie role of Roger Healey in two made-for-TV reunion movies: I Dream of Jeannie... Fifteen Years Later (1985) and I Still Dream of Jeannie (1991). It also reintroduced games in Europe, bringing regular season games to Sweden for the first time since 2011. [8], Daly played a key role in two of the most impactful commercial contracts with TV rightsholders in NHL history. Daily had two adopted children: a son, Patrick, and a daughter, Kimberley who is deceased. ALF claimed to have learned all he knew about psychology from watching the earlier series. |  Semi-retired in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Though his role had initially been earmarked for Don Dubbins, the show's creator and executive producer Sidney Sheldon (with possible input from Hagman) made the impromptu decision to cast the relatively unknown Iowa native instead.Daily had started his professional life as a musician playing bass with a local jazz combo called 'Jack and the Beanstalks'. In 2014, he was awarded Legal 500's Individual of the Year: Sport. William "Bill" L. Daly III[1] (born May 1, 1964)[2] is an American attorney and the current deputy commissioner and chief legal officer of the National Hockey League (NHL) under Commissioner Gary Bettman. His starring roles on Broadway included Archibald MacLeish 's Pulitzer Prize - winning J.B. and Tennessee Williams ' Period of Adjustment . In 1997, he was a guest star on Caroline in the City. While now happily employed at Columbia/NBC as the affable Major Healy, Daily continued to moonlight as a writer for assorted food commercials. [citation needed], Daly spoke at the World Hockey Summit in 2010, and stated a desire to increase the number of NHL games in Europe and to market its brands and most popular teams to Europeans. Daily was cremated. In 2013, he again was the lead negotiator in the 12-year Canadian national broadcast and new media deal with Rogers Communications (Rogers Sportsnet). Bill Daly is known for his work on Crocodile Dundee (1986), Thick as Thieves (2009) and JFK (1991). Daly was an accomplished stage actor, starting out in 1946 as Gary Merrill 's understudy in Born Yesterday. Bill Daly, Actor: Prairie Rose. He was 91. His ashes were sprinkled outside downtown Santa Fe. View agent, publicist, legal and company contact details on IMDbPro. [3], I Dream of Jeannie... Fifteen Years Later, The Bob Newhart Show: The 19th Anniversary Special, "Bill Daily's Gemlike Assists to Make 'Dream of Jeannie' a Hit", "Bill Daily, Comic Foil on 'I Dream of Jeannie' and 'The Bob Newhart Show,' Dies at 91", "Bill Daily, Major Healey in 'I Dream of Jeannie,' Dies at 91", "Bill Daily, a Regular on 'I Dream of Jeannie' and 'The Bob Newhart Show,' Dies at 91", "From the archives: 'Newhart,' 'I Dream of Jeannie' actor Bill Daily shares his Des Moines memories", "Bill Daily, starred on 'I Dream of Jeannie,' has died at 91", "A Look Back At Actor Bill Daily's Career", "Bill Daily, Sidekick on Hit 60s and 70s Sitcoms, Dies at 91", "Bill Daily, comic actor in 'I Dream of Jeannie' and 'The Bob Newhart Show,' dies at 91", "Bill Daily, sidekick on hit 60s and 70s sitcoms, dies at 91", The Interviews: An Oral History of Television, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Bill_Daily&oldid=986183759, American army personnel of the Korean War, Short description is different from Wikidata, Wikipedia articles with WORLDCATID identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Ashes scattered outside of Santa Fe, New Mexico, Episode: "He Ain't Famous, He's My Brother", This page was last edited on 30 October 2020, at 09:02.

Feria Cool Brown, Best False 9 Players Fifa 19, Tracey Biletnikoff Mother, Claude Treme Family History, Tva Lineman Salary, Textron Recoil Parts, Stardust Crusaders Soundtrack, Mountain Flow Water Filter Mf841, Field Club Greenwich Initiation Fee, Ring Tailed Lemur Population 2020, Jeff Marcus Net Worth, 33 Nosler For Sale Canada, Turn Arris Router Into Repeater, Irc 600 Remote, Xop Vanish Weight, Ibrahim Gon Coulibaly, Twa 747 Interior, Power Cast Salary Per Episode, Lawrie Mcmenemy Barbican, Batman Subway Maintenance Access Riddle, Gmc Savana Bus, Religulous Full Movie Dailymotion, Where Are Pelican Coolers Made, 33 Nosler For Sale Canada, Kevin Chamberlin Dead, 100 Gecs Meme, Kristin Chirico Husband, Bulldog Ferrets For Sale, Fire Hd 10 Lineage Os, Roswell Theme Song, Heather Sylvia Adams, Asmodeus Altar Rlcraft, How To Become A Billionaire As A Teenager, George Jones Grave, Corpsing With Cotton, Surplus Ammo Wholesale, Thomas The Tank Engine Super Earrape, Sonic Battle Skill Points Cheat, Smoker Gasket Home Depot, 14 Inch Tortilla, Did I Stutter Pyro Lyrics, Aise Na Mujhe Tum Dekho Lyrics In English, Backward Vs Backwards, Sherwin Williams Gray Paint With Blue Undertones, Wagner Uk Ltd, Essenhaus Peanut Butter Spread, Ayo Something Traumatic Happened That Changed My Life Check Original, Pac Man Ghost Template Printable, Appalachian Outlaws Mike Ross, Michelle Phillips Daughter, Centre For Health And Disability Assessments Wolverhampton Wv98 2es, Twilight Fanfiction Lemons Bella And Jacob And Edward, Raft Trailer Colorado, Essay Making Suggestions, Curtis Carson Aeronautical Engineer, Bandolero Remix Letra Anuel, Solenopsis Geminata For Sale, Shoprite Custom Cakes, Prière D'action De Grâce Pour L'année écoulée, Alto Recorder Method Pdf, Toys (1992 123movies), Marion Mcmanus Obituary, Cherokee Turtle Clan, Viu Tv Usa, John Labarca Wikipedia, How To Win On Lucky Money App, What Happened To Jevvels Twitch, En Tierra Amarga, Eyes On Fire Lyrics, Venezuela Inflation Graph, White Dragon Betta, Roblox Isle Turret, Bladen Sofa Cushion Replacement, Las Ataduras In English, U13 Football League Table,