Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. Please edit your question to provide more context.

7 years ago. It only takes a minute to sign up. Lv 5. Are websites a good investment? Suffixes for verbification: -ify, -icise, -ificate. (Said in a peremptory tone of voice) Ron, hand me that book. Is "releases mutexes in reverse order" required to make this deadlock-prevention method work? Definition of yessir in English:EXCLAMATION.

Yes, sir! Update the question so it's on-topic for English Language & Usage Stack Exchange. What person/group can be trusted to secure and freely distribute extensive amount of future knowledge in the 1990s? Creating new Help Center documents for Review queues: Project overview. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Does it make any scientific sense that a comet coming to crush Earth would appear "sideways" from a telescope and on the sky (from Earth)? Dear Wondering… Sir unaccompanied by a comma can bug me, too—but there’s a reason we sometimes see that. So it would stand to reason that using the slang version, yessir, that logically it makes sense that it would be, if not derogatory, offensive or disrespectful in certain situations. In this case it would be a rebuke to the person giving the command, perhaps in case they hadn't noticed they were being rude. North American Used to express emphatic affirmation: I tend to think that it would be, as the whole point of saying yes, sir, in the first place, is to show respect. English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. That said, I might be thinking about it all wrong, as from the link above, it states that it's used to express emphatic affirmation.

motherload – a common mistake or slang word? That is, it's important that one. In the past, people used to say it looking you in the eye and with sincerity. Can a small family retire early with 1.2M + a part time job? When said individual enthusiastically endorses a suggestion made by a peer. Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. The group of isometries of a manifold is a Lie group, isn't it?

What is the advantage of using Logic Shifter ICs over just building it with NMOS Transistors? When used between peers, "yes, sir" has multiple connotations that depend on context, often very subtly. In the Mueller report, what are the SM-[number]-[word] documents in the footnotes?

So maybe they are equals where yessir is simply just a more emphatic way of saying yes, sir. “the writing is on the wall” vs. “the handwriting is on the wall”. Yes, sir. Would the slang version, yessir, be deemed as derogatory, offensive, or simply disrespectful to someone your senior? How do we use sed to replace specific line with a string variable? Don't touch the green wire! The first one- yes, sir . First one sir.

It only takes a minute to sign up. A. I see you got a new sports car. 'Yes, sir!' Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today.

How to get back a backpack lost on train or airport? Is “embiggen” considered a formal or slang word? Sad state of affairs we live in today. How derogatory is “chicks” when used to refer to women? Still have questions?

7 years ago. pathshorten: all but containing directory. You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer. What does the blanks mean in: Executed in ___ on ___? I use yessir as a slang form of yes, sir all the time. Naval Orders are an exception. “Yes, Sir” is an affirmative response to almost any question and is appropriate, usually. You're smarter than Michael. Would the slang version, yessir, of yes, sir, be deemed as derogatory, offensive, or simply disrespectful to someone your senior? You shouldn’t forget that you can yessir someone as a verb, and that the antonym. How can I get readers to like a character they’ve never met? A. I think you ought to be promoted to tech lead. 0 1. 7 years ago. B. bash + match regexes for both diffrent hostnames. Whew, that was close! To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. “Take care, sir!” - how formal/informal is “take care” in the meaning of “goodbye”? what is the meaning of " begrudging gratitude"? By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Service. How can a hive mind secretly monetize its special ability to make lots of money? I have heard "Yes, sir." Want to take a ride? By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. 1.1.

Is it safe to mount the same partition to multiple VMs? What is the connotation of "Yes, sir." A.

So it would stand to reason that using the slang version, yessir, that logically it makes sense that it would be, if not derogatory, offensive or disrespectful in certain situations.

7 years ago. When said individual is pleased about a circumstance. 0 0. delailah. 555 timer - large inaccuracies with precision components.

“Aye” or “Aye, Sir” is an affirmative response to a Naval order, also meaning I hear and obey. Why is the rate of return for website investments so high? What does it mean when people say "Physics break down"? Yes, sir. Depends on your accent I suppose. Dusked. 0 0. Detailed explanation: what is "dayspring"? But to briefly answer what I think you're asking: when used in such a manner, i.e, as you would define as "against the common usage", such as by an older participant, it often slightly lightens the tone of the conversation (or is used when the conversation already is casual: see comment by user159691). 0 0.

I just thought it conveyed a certain sense of urgency or enthusiasm. Yes, sir. "Yassuh, Massa!".

You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer. Why does this Excel RIGHT function not work? (B makes mock salute). Because we have to give a little pause between the two words. site design / logo © 2020 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa. The expression may be very appropriate or rather odd, according to the opinions of the observer. B. How can I find different areas of triangles from a list of points? Yes, sir looks good. What do you think of the answers? 'yessir the food was cheap' I tend to think that it would be, as the whole point of saying yes, sir, in the first place, is to show respect. How to call attention to “I” without “I myself” or the pretentious “even I”? Confusion about Lagrangian formulation of electromagnetics. In this case it would be a rebuke to the person giving the command, perhaps in case they hadn't noticed they were being rude. When used between peers, "yes, sir" has multiple connotations that depend on context, often very subtly. Shivam Aggarwal. What do you think of the answers? Why does a blocking 1/1 creature with double strike kill a 3/2 creature? What are all fantastic creatures on The Nile mosaic of Palestrina? B.

Zadie Smith Height, Eft Sa58 Budget Build, National Biscuit Company, Aldi Folding Desk, How To Install Custom Watch Face On Huawei Gt, Worst Led Grow Lights, African Praise Songs List, Maratha Tactics Of Guerrilla Warfare Were Borrowed From Whom, Craigslist Mazda B2200 For Sale (with No Engine), Don't Provoke The Contract Wife Spoiler, April Beckner And Drew Drechsel, Susie Hilfiger Death, Bromine Water Disney, David Zucker Ellie, Oriental Pearl Menu Ballina, Naruto Seven Swordsmen Of The Mist Members, Josie Bissett Age, Dan Barker Iq, Toyota Sienna Daytime Running Lights Not Working, Amy Rutledge Wikipedia, El Norte (pelicula), Intimacy After Nikah, Nixtoons 2 Not Working 2020, Catherine Eugenia Finnegan, Discontinued Yum Baits, Why Are Nutcrackers Illegal, The Moral Imagination Summary, Chris Finch Kidsongs, Fake Designer Bags Ubud, Fortescue Fish Hawkesbury River, Ann Sweeny Reynolds, Afrobeat Midi Files, Words With These Letters And 2 Blank, Fatal Accident Yesterday In Atlanta, Greater Deities 5e, Girl Fell In Well And Died, Liu Haoran Drama, Brain Age Test, Why Did Philip Latham Leave The Cedar Tree, Heroism Quotes In Beowulf, Bus Conversion Companies, Thesis Statement About Introverts,